Hello New Deadline (February)

 After A Week Off

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving (if you observe that American holiday)! I was able to go out to Orlando, Florida to explore Disney World and Universal Studios with my family--thanks mom for covering the plane tickets and hotel rooms! I've been trying to get my barrings since taking all of last week off--I was gone last Monday through Friday. It's been a bit harder than I expected, and that seems to be the theme I've been encountering lately. Everything is harder and taking longer than I had first planned.

32% Is Not That Great

Thirty-two percent is how far into The Odin Project's JavaScript Course I have come. I was aiming for something like 80% completed at this point (the end of November) in 2021. I think there have been a variety of contributing factors that led to me being in this position: a) my timetable was aggressive to begin with, b) the projects have taken much, much longer than I anticipated, and c) it has been hard to find a lot of time to sink into learning and coding so that I progress at a rapid rate. In light of all of that, I'd like to wrap up this course by the end of February, but I'm also recognizing that is still assuming a faster pace than I was able to achieve up to this point. For perspective, I've completed 32% of the JavaScript Course since September 1st. I'd have to increase my pace a bit, but I'm hoping late February to early March is a more attainable goal. 

What I'm Looking Forward To

I've grown a lot. I've learned so much since I began earnestly learning what programming is in August of 2020. I'm excited to sink my teeth into frameworks (React JS is coming up in the curriculum) and build things easier. I am reminded, over and over again, that coding is really interesting to me and the deeper I get, the more I enjoy it. Even though I'm missing my initial deadline, I'm still excited for a future in tech. It's time to buckle down, and dive in with new excitement and aim to log more hours too.

Tim David

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confronting Busyness

My Coding Journey: Part 2

My Coding Journey: Part 1