Digging Into JavaScript

 JavaScript30

I'm a couple days into the JavaScript30 course by Wes Bos. It's 30 videos of building projects with JavaScript (no libraries, just JavaScript, CSS, and HTML). I'm enjoying it so far, and I've been learning a lot. What I've been learning the most is that I am still a novice when it comes to programming languages. I've ran into multiple things in the first few day of the course where I find myself asking, "what is that line of code and how does it work?". I'll try and look up a YouTube video or two and that does not always help. I'm going to dig into the code that this challenge is using, but my main focus is to build things with JavaScript and grow in my overall knowledge over these next 30 videos.

Switching it Up

A majority of my learning has been happening in more structured video "classes" (i.e. Udemy courses). Now I'm coding along with somebody who is not building on small concepts one by one in that same way. I'm getting thrown a lot of information and having to talk myself through, "I know code X will make Y happen..." so that I'm reinforcing my learning up to this point. I'm also aware that this is likely closer to what it will be like coding on my own. I'll be given a starting point, but I have to figure out why code X makes Y happen so that I can build on it or fix a bug. It's exciting, daunting, and humbling to recognize that I have a lot to learn.

Short and Sweet

I was having a hard time coming up with anything else to blog about this week. But hey, if I don't have a big update, it's no big deal. I'm here and being consistent. Kinda like my coding journey at this time. If you're here reading this, thank you.
 
Tim David

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confronting Busyness

My Coding Journey: Part 2

My Coding Journey: Part 1